Maria A. Jones, PT, PhD, is program director and clinical professor at Oklahoma City University (OCU). Her practice has focused on children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families and assistive technology/durable medical equipment. Throughout the years, she has consulted with many state agencies in Oklahoma, including the Oklahoma Health Care Authority (Oklahoma’s Medicaid program), Oklahoma State Department of Education, Oklahoma State Department of Health, Oklahoma Department of Human Services, Developmental Disabilities Services, and Oklahoma Department of Rehabilitation Services in the areas of assistive technology and service provision for people with developmental disabilities. Her primary research interest includes power mobility and its effect on the development of young children. She also currently serves on the Public Policy and Advocacy Committee of the American Physical Therapy Association, and as the Director of Advocacy for the American Physical Therapy Association’s Academy of Pediatric Physical Therapy.
Latest posts by Editor (see all)
- Colleen Rapp Wins Friend of Private Practice Award - November 29, 2022
- Featured Clinician: Braylon T. Warrior - September 20, 2022
- Featured Clinician: David Friedberg, PT, DPT - September 1, 2022
- Featured Clinician: Ulrick Jean-Pierre - February 7, 2022
- Featured Clinician: Lisa VanHoose - January 31, 2022