This story originally broke via Modern Healthcare.
Thousands of physical, occupational and speech therapists have been laid off as skilled-nursing facilities transition to a new payment model that kicked in Tuesday.
Dozens of these therapists have emailed Modern Healthcare saying they have been laid off or had their wages cut as a result of the new patient-driven payment model, which is akin to bundled payments and based on patient assessments and acuity rather than the volume of therapy services. Industry observers expect more fallout as certain providers gamed the system to maximize therapy hours, which are now likely going to be a fraction of what they were under the resource-utilization group model.
Latest posts by Editor (see all)
- A Holiday Message of Thanks to Physical Therapy Professionals - November 25, 2020
- Featured Clinician: Penny Goldberg - September 21, 2020
- Featured Clinician: Steven Kinney - September 17, 2020
- Featured Clinician: Timothy R. Turner - September 13, 2020
- Simple Tips for Acing Your Virtual Job Interview - September 9, 2020