This story originally broke via Modern Healthcare.
Thousands of physical, occupational and speech therapists have been laid off as skilled-nursing facilities transition to a new payment model that kicked in Tuesday.
Dozens of these therapists have emailed Modern Healthcare saying they have been laid off or had their wages cut as a result of the new patient-driven payment model, which is akin to bundled payments and based on patient assessments and acuity rather than the volume of therapy services. Industry observers expect more fallout as certain providers gamed the system to maximize therapy hours, which are now likely going to be a fraction of what they were under the resource-utilization group model.
Latest posts by Editor (see all)
- How to Prepare Your Finances with Parkinson’s Disease - October 15, 2019
- Mass Layoffs in Rehab Therapy (Fall 2019) - October 7, 2019
- The NewGait: Sports Performance Device Finds Success in Rehabilitation - October 3, 2019
- PhysicalTherapist.com featured as Top 50 Physical Therapy Blogs - September 25, 2019
- Overreaching vs Overtraining Syndrome: How Damaging Are They? - September 24, 2019