1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Folarin
Admin
Topic starter
(@muniratayokanmi)
Estimable Member

When I was Pregnant with my first child, i had a Home accident that made me fracture my leg and i needed to visit the Physiotherapist. luckily for me, it wasn't as bad as I thought because i was almost due to have her when it happened. My Physiotherapist Prescribed Exercise and Massage and they helped a great deal, this was also confirmed by my Obstetrician that this process was one of the things that helped me in labor. Even after having my cute Baby, I continued and it also helped in Postpartum.

Exercise is good for you but do you know how good? from boosting your mood to improving your general wellbeing. The health benefits of regular exercise and physical activity are hard to ignore. Everyone benefits from exercise regardless of age, sex or physical wellbeing. Even when you feel like the strongest and active person on earth, you still need to be involved in regular physical activity. Regular Physical activity can improve your muscle strength and boost your endurance. 

Although, exercise is not the only treatment you receive from Physical Therapy, not necessarily. Some Physical Therapists use other techniques like Massage, Joint Mobilizations or modalities like Ultrasound Or Electrical Stimulation to help their patients move better and feel better. However, your Physiotherapist will be in a good condition to advice on the best type of exercise that you need depending on your condition.

Your Physiotherapist may use some of these tools for your PT exercises. These may include 

• Foam Rollers
  • Resistance Bands 
  • Treadmills, Bikes or an upper body Bike
  • Balance and wobble boards
  • Therapy Balls

On the whole, i think you should incorporate exercise in your daily activities with or without Injury. Physical activity should be the Starter of the Main Course Meal in our lives.

Share:

Copyright © 2017 PhysicalTherapist.com. All Rights Reserved.