Forum

How to determine th...

Notifications
Clear all

How to determine the right Physical Therapy Clinic.

6 Posts
3 Users
11 Likes
Folarin
Admin
Topic starter
(@muniratayokanmi)
Estimable Member

Choosing the right Physical Therapy clinic for yourself is very important because this decision will contribute a lot to your Rehabilitation, it can help to speed up your recovery or slow it down.

To determine the right Physical Therapy Clinic for yourself, you need to consider quite a lot of things. You need to check your budget and schedule; this will tailor you to get the right clinic for your Physical Therapy. You’ll also need to have a good understanding of the clinic itself to choose it. This means researching the support staff, financials, scheduling methods, treatment area, and treatment methods.

It is important to be cognizant of these few steps when choosing a Physical Therapy Facility and they include

👍 Do your Research 

It is important to do your research when choosing a Physical Therapy Clinic for yourself. you can read about the clinic online; it is important to read about a few clinics before making your decision and narrow down your list to clinics that focus on specialties relevant to you. For example, if you're an Athletic, you can research clinics that focus on Athletics or if you're researching for your Aged Parents, you will need to gear more towards the Elderly Population. Read about the staff and take notice of the certifications and specialties of the physical therapists that work in that clinic. When you’re considering how to choose a physical therapy facility, it is important to see if they provide treatment for your specific condition.

👍 The Front Desk

The front desk is the Face of a Good Physical Therapy Clinic, and the tone is set here, you will want to get a friendly, warm, and supportive feeling anytime you visit the clinic for your session, so ensure that the Front Desk Officer is accommodating. I think it is necessary to check in person before making your decision about a clinic to determine this. Consider the following

• Did the front desk staff greet you professionally and with a smile?  
  • Were they courteous and want to assist you?
  • Were there questions about your insurance?
  • Did they have a genuine interest in wanting to assist in your scheduling needs?

👍 Budget/ Cost

Support staff should explain the cost involved. As you consider what to look for in a physical therapist, you should also determine their insurance network and figure out costs. Some clinics will accept your insurance and some clinics will require a cash payment. Also, your HMO may not be able to cover the type of treatments that is necessary for your condition. Before your first appointment, you should be provided full transparency about your insurance benefits and coverage and what your physical therapy sessions will cost you.  It should be broken down per visit to make things easier. Communication is important when choosing a Physical Therapy Facility because at the end of the day no one wants a surprise bill. 

👍 Scheduling

Your Sessions should be tailored according to your Schedule. Ask questions about the opening and closing hours of the clinic before concluding. This will help you to properly fit your Sessions into your schedule.

👍 Physical Look 

You need to take a look around the facility to ensure it is safe and neat enough. You don't want to use a Physical Therapy Clinic that is dirty or unsafe as this may even make your condition worse or cause an unnecessary trigger to your health.

Do you have any specific thing that you look out for in a Physical Therapy Clinic before choosing it for yourself? you can share it in the comment section and let's discuss it. 

5 Replies
Lekeean
(@lekeean)

As funny as it may sound 😆 😆 😆 I look out for a physical therapy clinic that has a Cafeteria 😄😄. I need to refill after my session. 

1 Reply
Kay
 Kay
(@kay)

Eminent Member

@lekeean 😀 😀 😀

Folarin
Admin
Topic starter
(@muniratayokanmi)
Estimable Member

Oh, 😆 😆 I love that. There is a Proverb in my Country that says "Food is King"

Kay
 Kay
(@kay)
Eminent Member

The first thing I look out for is if the Clinic has a Session that fits into my schedule, then I consider the cost of relating it to my insurance. I always want to know if my Insurance will cover the cost of my treatment or I would have to incur extra costs.

1 Reply
Folarin
Admin
(@muniratayokanmi)

Estimable Member

@kay That's a good approach to finding the right Physical Therapy Clinic for yourself.

Share:

Copyright © 2017 PhysicalTherapist.com. All Rights Reserved.