The celebration of Physical Therapy started in the early 1980s, but it was not designated for a whole month, it was celebrated in a week, and it was observed in June but was later moved to October. The first National Physical Therapy Month was celebrated in October 1992.
National Physical Therapy Month in October recognizes the importance of physical therapy in healthcare. This annual occurrence is an opportunity to celebrate the profession and physical therapists and physical therapy assistants, who make a difference in patients' lives each day. It also gives us the opportunity to raise awareness about the benefits of physical therapy, the importance of physical activity, and the role PTs and PTAs play in helping people get moving.
Make a difference this month to celebrate National Physical Therapy month by
- Making a shoutout to any physical therapist that you know
- Learning about the roles of physical therapy.
- Share your experiences as a physical therapist.
- Learn about careers in physical therapy.
- Use #PhysicalTherapyMonth or #ChoosePT on your social media platforms.
This is a shoutout post to all Physical Therapists in this Forum, thank you all for the good work you're doing in the health sector. We appreciate and love you all. 😍 😍