• January 4, 2014 at 5:15 am #4881
    Participant

For a few months now, I have been able to “pop” my left shoulder when I horizontally abduct my arm with a fully flexed elbow. It doesn’t hurt when it pops out, but I can feel and see it popping. I also recently began doing light weight lifting and I feel some pain and tightness in the posterior shoulder when I shoulder press. I don’t have any previous trauma to that shoulder. What are some things that I can do to determine what the problem is. Maybe the problem is a tight tricep since the popping only occurs when the elbow is maximally flexed (i.e. stretched triceps). Thanks for the help!

Ivan

July 31, 2014 at 5:58 am #25839
    Participant

I think consult with your doctor and start physiotherapy treatment.

September 3, 2014 at 2:41 pm #26030
    Participant

You might be suffering from shoulder instability. Get it checked from an orthopedic doctor. One of my friends got his treatment for shoulder instability from one of the doctors at OrthoTexas. He is able to do his chores normally after the treatment.

March 16, 2015 at 9:08 am #28859
    Participant

I would start rotator cuff strengthening and consult an orthopedist, sounds like significant instability. When you horizontally abduct your arm it stressed the anterior capsule and labrum which are obviously unstable.

June 28, 2017 at 1:45 pm #36213
    Participant

At Texas Health Spine & Orthopedic Center we provide treatment for shoulder related problems or any orthopedic related problem in Plano, TX.

August 17, 2017 at 6:32 am #38307
    Participant

The forum ‘Orthopaedic’ is closed to new topics and replies.