Welcome to the very popular PhysicalTherapist.com forums. Have a topic you want discussed? Want to do some research on something? Want to truly feel a part of a community of others? You've come to the right place. Post, comment and interact with our physical therapy forums!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  clhwang 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

BSPT
    Participant

Hello,

I understand that passing the NPTE does not make you Licensed PT in any state unless you have completed the PT application for a state.

In case, an NPTE passer was not able to obtain a license from any state and decided to apply after sometime. Will he/she be required to re-take the NPTE if he/she is unable to obtain a PT license in any state for a given amount of time? If so, how long is the validity of NPTE?

(If possible, kindly state a reference and link) Thank you in advanced! 🙂

clhwang
    Participant

How can you be allowed to take NPTE exam if you do not apply a licence for any state?
    (okay…I just found out you dont have SSN)

Form the FL board:
    Can I apply for licensure if I have passed the NPTE in another state, but do not hold an active license?
    Yes, an applicant for licensure by examination must have obtained a passing score on the NPTE examination within the five (5) years immediately prior to filing of the application.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Create an account | Log in