Welcome to the very popular PhysicalTherapist.com forums. Have a topic you want discussed? Want to do some research on something? Want to truly feel a part of a community of others? You've come to the right place. Post, comment and interact with our physical therapy forums!

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  ivana88 10 hours, 47 minutes ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

bubbleguppies
    Participant

Hello I am a foreign trained physical therapist, I am planning to take the NPTE this year, but I do not know which book or review materials should I use for someone who graduated 12 years ago..

Thank you in advance for your help..

DB
    Participant

Npte review and study guide
    Scott Giles study guide
    Susan Sullivan physical rehabilitation
    Therapeutic considerations- Carolyn kisser
    Differential diagnosis by goodman.
    These are the books useful in NPTE preparation.

DB
    Participant

I graduated 16 years back and started my exam preparations now. Planning July exam this year.
    I suggest you buy therapy ed NPTE book from their website and try to take any course online . It will be of great help.

bubbleguppies
    Participant

Thank you so much.. I am planning to take the July exam as well. I purchased the therapyed and the scorebuilders book.. but I am having hard time understanding some of the topics.. I guess I’m lacking on what they call the “core foundation” 🙁
    even the basic muscles with their innervations and actions I already forgot..

DB
    Participant

Check you tube videos of Npte related material..and teach me anatomy for basics

DB
    Participant

I am taking course with score builders..it’s of great help.. you also try taking anyone online course..you will get to do some extra practice . Or try to attend therapy ed weekend course. It will veil some guidance.

jemise
    Participant

Thank you everyone for the information provided, Im also trying to find different ways to study for the exam as I graduated 10 years ago and sincerely have forgotten alot of information. If you would like to form a group to study . Let me know
    Thanks.

npte.prep.master
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I am a licensed physical therapist in the state of illinois. I help with personalized npte preparations with live one-to-one interaction through skype. My course is especially designed to clear basic concepts and provide the best preparation techniques , all according to your needs and shortcomings. Its a wonderful course for multiple time repeaters, as I believe if you are unable to clear the exam in 1 or 2 attempts, then the same style of studying and same concepts are not going to help much, something has to be changed. If you want more information, you can message me through this medium.

Regards,
    npte.prep.master

BK
    Participant

have you joined any online course yet? looks like there are a lot of review courses out there and they are pretty expensive.

BK
    Participant

Hi, I am in the same boat as well. Graduated 11 years ago and having a hard time. I am targeting July as well. If we all can form a group that will be great. let me know.

DB
    Participant

I am taking basecamp from scorebuilders..actually I got it free when I took Ace online advantage from scorebuilders.

DB
    Participant

Npte.prep hello.
    What’s is the best way to reach you to get more detailed information

ivana88
    Participant

Hello, I just received my re-evaluation from FCCPT. Can someone tell me what is the next step? I graduate 8 years ago, and I am using Rehabilitation ED, but everything is so hard for me. Do you have any specific way of studying? Thanks

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Create an account | Log in