• October 13, 2017 at 4:20 pm #39361
    Participant

Ok, so does anyone have any ideas about how we can use our education in a different type of job? I am also in the same boat.

November 12, 2017 at 10:12 pm #39814
    Participant

Hi there! I know I am late to respond, but I felt really bad for you when I read your email….and I KNOW that you aren’t alone. It is very sad how poor the ethical standards have dropped in our field, while productivity requirements have risen to levels that are impossible if one is practicing/billing in an honest manner.

I will just share something that has personally worked for me. If you can afford to pay for your own health insurance or have a spouse who can provide insurance, working 2-3 part time jobs can really help prevent burnout. I’ve always been happiest and healthiest when working a few part-time jobs rather than one full-time job. My best combo: 2 days a week OP, 2 days a week ADHC, 1-2 days of home health. I was always varying my physical, mental and travel demands. Best yet, I was never pulled in to office drama. And my employers/colleagues were always happy to see me, as I was lightening their loads and getting patients seen.

Not sure if this is possible for you or even something you are interested in. Just a thought! I wish you all the luck in the world, as therapists are generally good-hearted, hard-working folks that don’t get the kudos we deserve.

The forum ‘Professional Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Topic Tags