• November 24, 2014 at 8:44 am #28329
    Participant

<h1>Newsletters: A MUST-KNOW Healthcare Marketing Tip!</h1>
    <h2>Why email newsletters are so vital to keep your clients coming through the door of your small healthcare business? And how to actually put them together?</h2>
    You know that client you saw a year ago… they are still on your database and you consider them as your client. Let’s call this imaginary client Andrew.

Andrew woke up with a very sore and stiff neck this morning. What are the chances that they will remember about you or even have your phone number on hand to give you a call and make an appointment? Maybe not as high as you would hope. Quite likely Andrew will pull out his smart phone and google the closest physio in the area… and if it’s not you… you just lost a client.

What you need is something that keeps reminding them about your clinic. So that when one day they do NEED to see a health practitioner your clinic’s name will instantly pop up in their heads. One of the most effective, FREE and simple strategies is email-based newsletters. With a variety of online software available to help you put together a newsletter what are you waiting for… and NO you don’t have to be a computer wizz to do this well.
    What i have observed over the years is as soon as i send out my monthly newsletter my old client reactivation rate sky-rockets. This is a simple predictable way to get more clients through your door without spending extra money on advertising. This is an essential piece of marketing in healthcare businesses that is quite easy to implement and can make a difference between begging for new clients and having full confidence that you and your employees will have a full schedule every day of the week.

Your newsletter doesn’t have to be a huge journal-like piece of work. I would recommend to include in your newsletter:

• a quick tip on injury prevention or management
    • a little piece of news about the clinic or yourself
    • and mention about your monthly promotion or special deal you will be running (I sometimes run a “Product of the month” feature where I introduce a product, explain how it could benefit your database and include a discounted price).

As you can see a newsletter doesn’t have to be long. In fact, a good newsletter could be less than 400 words. Just make sure the information is relevant to the majority of your database. There is no point writing a detailed article of skiing injuries if less than 5% of your client database actually ski. You will simply miss 95% of your audience.

Another excuse I often hear from health practitioners is that they don’t send out newsletters because they don’t want to bother their clients. I guess it can be a hard psychological barrier to overcome. Let me reassure you that you’re not bothering anyone. You are simply providing useful information that helps your clients avoid unnecessary health problems. You will see that a lot of your clients will thank you for sending them regular updates. So it’s also great for continuing to build your reputation with your clients.

Online software you can use to organise and send your newsletter campaigns in bulk includes MailChimp, GetResponse, AWeber and many others (MailChimp is the free one depending the size of your database). They are all reasonably easy to set up. However, if you do get stuck you can get help from their online support team. You will have to import your current client database list into one of the above programmes. This again is relatively easy to do using the mail-merge feature of your current clinic manager software. Again, if you do get stuck contact your clinic manager software support team.

I dare you. Sit down. Pick a date of the month that you will be sending your newsletter and stick to it. Plan in advance the topic of your little article or health tip. Just do it because you won’t regret it. Regular newsletters can be formidable weapon in your healthcare marketing arsenal.

Listen to the podcast of this article here:

Article and Podcast: Creating Newsletters For Health Businesses

The forum ‘Practice Management’ is closed to new topics and replies.