Welcome to the very popular PhysicalTherapist.com forums. Have a topic you want discussed? Want to do some research on something? Want to truly feel a part of a community of others? You've come to the right place. Post, comment and interact with our physical therapy forums!

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  MorethanPT 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

MorethanPT
    Participant

I’ve got a patient that is also seeing a chiro. She swears that the chiro helps reposition her atlas and that it instantly resolves her headaches and cervical ROM issues. She also s/t her primary physician also X rayed her Cspine and said that her atlas was sticking out on one side. I was also able to palpate a bony prominence in the upper cervical spine.

The question is: Is this even possible? If the atlas were that hypermobile, wouldn’t it be extremely dangerous and cause compression on the spinal cord? (there’s no “empty space” in the spinal column, so it would have to cause spinal cord pressure, right?)

I don’t want to waste too much time calling the doctor just to try to disprove the patient or the chiro, because it helps her. But none of this sounds right. Has anyone else hear of this?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Create an account | Log in